South East Water (SEW) employs around ~650 staff and supplies water and wastewater services to over 1.9 million residents living in the south eastern region of Melbourne.
Historically SEW takes on a batch of final year or recent graduates for Summer Internship project work and experience. These have typically been sourced through the networks and contacts of the teams seeking the interns.
South East Water sees the opportunity to improve the Intern Program as an input to increasing the quality and diversity in the Graduate Recruitment Program and the SEW organisation.
Interns -Data Scientist -Environmental Scientist -Chemical Engineer
Internship opportunities for STEM women of colour/CALD and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background
- 12 weeks starting November (With a short break between
- Christmas and New Year, and some flexibility in start and end dates).
- To be placed in teams such as R&D, Planning, Water Quality and Operations
- Depending on the placement, the work will be project-based or field-based operational
- Depending on the placement could be a mixture of remote home office working and SEW office working. Will be at least on average 2 days/week in the office or other non-home location.
- Interns should be final year or recent graduates of degrees or post-graduate studies, without a permanent role secured elsewhere.
Civil & Structural Engineers / Designers
If you want diversity, then create the space for inclusion
iSTEM Co. is a research, consulting and talent sourcing company aimed to promote and enable employment of women of colour into Australian STEM organisations.